On death outside the country the following documentation is required for the transportation of the human remains.
- A Copy of the deceased passport first page.
- Burial Order.
- Death Certificate (From District Registrar Home Affairs of source country).
- Certificate of non Infectious Disease (From the Doctor who attended to deceased).
- Embalming Certificate (From the Undertaker handling the Funeral).
- Permit To Repatriate From the country of death.
- Permit from Health Ministry (of exporting country).
- An affidavit (From the Undertaker/ Funeral Director) stating that the body has been fully embalmed in accordance with International Health Regulations and that the Casket contains the body.
- The above documents should be scanned and emailed in advance for clearance purposes with the Home Office but the original documents must accompany the human remains.
- Any missing documentation will result in delays in the processing of the procedure.